Groupama is rolling out the first fully online, multi-section, commercial combined product.
The broker-only insurer took 18 months to develop Optima Business Plus.
Commercial director Malcolm Smith said: “Whether conducting new business, mid-term adjustments or renewals, brokers will be able to provide a quick, highly professional service, bespoke to their clients’ needs. That’s a real boon for brokers who would rather be using their time more profitably. All this will be in the knowledge that the pricing is competitive and they have the added flexibility of variable commission of up to 30%."
Smith said the product was rolled out in response to broker demand.
“During our research at BIBA, 91% of brokers feel that the system will be easy to use and 88% said they are likely to use it," he said.
Tim Parsons, a director with Simpson & Parsons Insurance Consultants, said: “Being a medium sized independent commercial broker, this is just the product we’re looking for to streamline our trading of commercial combined business.”
ABOUT OPTIMA BUSINESS PLUS
• Optima Business Plus is accessed via Optima Online, Groupama’s electronic trading platform. Connectivity to the major software houses is expected to commence by year end.
• Brokers can place commercial combined risks for over 800 trades with sums insured of up to £5 million without referral for most trades.
• Non-standard requests and queries can be referred to Groupama’s award winning commercial trading team.
OPTIMA BUSINESS PLUS PRODUCT SECTIONS:
• Property all risks
• Business interruption
• Book debts
• Public and products liability
• Employers liability
• Goods in transit
• Specified all risks
• Deterioration of refrigerated goods
• Computer breakdown
• Legal Expenses