All copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of the Insurance Times website (“the Site”) are owned by Newsquest Specialist Media Limited (“the Publisher”).
In consideration of the Publisher allowing you to access the pages of the Site you are deemed to accept the following terms and conditions of use:
1. Subject to what is said below, you may download, view, print, copy on the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopy) and use material on the Site for your own personal non-commercial purposes or for the purposes of enhancing the skills, knowledge and understanding required in the insurance industry and insurance-related activities. You may not without the prior written agreement of the Publisher:
(a) create a database (electronic or otherwise) containing material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
(b) redistribute, retransmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
(c) remove copyright or trade mark notices from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms.
2. The Site may feature Insurance Times Five Star ratings, service scores or league table placings (“Ratings”) reflecting insurer experience and calculated from the results of our broker service surveys. All intellectual property rights in the Ratings, including copyright and database rights, belong to the Publisher. You must not in whole or part copy, distribute, adapt or otherwise use the Ratings in any medium for any purpose in breach of any of the rights set out in section 16 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or the Copyright and Rights in Databases Regulations 1997 (each as amended from time to time) unless you have express prior written licence from us or as may be expressly permitted by these website terms. Without limitation, licence is required for inclusion of Ratings in marketing emails and promotional materials, press releases or other forms of broker communication. Licensing enquires should be sent to: email@example.com
3. Access to parts of the Site is restricted or password-protected. You may not download, view, print, use or otherwise seek to gain access to any material that is held in any parts of the Site that are restricted or password-protected unless you have proper authorisation or have been issued a valid password.
If you are a registered user or subscriber, you are not permitted to share your user name and password with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use. Sharing a password means a copy of our content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorised to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage to detect password sharing.
4. You agree that you will not use the Site:
(a) for the posting, uploading, e-mailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
(b) in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which may restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
(c) for the posting, uploading, e-mailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
(d) for the posting, uploading, e-mailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(e) in any way that may bring the Publisher into disrepute.
5. The copyright, and other rights, in some of the material appearing on or in the Site may belong to a third party. It is your responsibility to obtain any licences or permissions that may be required to use such material and you agree to pay any costs or expenses incurred by the Publisher which arise as a result of your failure to obtain such licences and permissions.
6. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of assistance to you. The Publisher is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
7. No links from external websites to the Site are permitted without the prior written consent of the Publisher.
8. The Publisher shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any of the pages on the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and the Publisher shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
9. The Publisher shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the pages on the Site any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice and the Publisher shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from the removal of such material.
10. The names, images and logos identifying the Publisher or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of the Publisher, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and the Publisher reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
11. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the Publisher and its employees in these pages, the contents of the Site reflect the opinions of the writers, they are personal to them and are naturally subject to change from time to time. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the site before entering into any commitment based upon them.
12. The Publisher cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. The Publisher, its directors, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
13. The Site may contain material (including, but not limited to, advertisements) posted by third parties. Individual users and advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other material which they submit to the Publisher and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. The Publisher accepts no responsibility for the content of material posted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
14. On some of the pages of the Site you may be given the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. The Publisher is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by users with any third party.
15. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, no warranties are given that it is free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software. The Publisher shall not be liable for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of the Site or any hardware on which it is hosted.
16. Nothing in these terms serves to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or any liability which is otherwise prohibited from being excluded by law.
17. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after a variation has been posted.
18. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
19. The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
20. Published by Newsquest Specialist Media Limited, registered in England & Wales with number 02231405 at Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe HP10 9TY - a Gannett company.