Brokers and dirty pictures. Words synonymous with this industry?

Last week the two came together in perfect harmony during Towergate's charity event at Bonhams auctioneers.

On show were 186 black-and-white images donated by 100 photographers depicting various scenes and scenarios. To say the collection was eclectic was an understatement, especially for the faint-hearted.

Pictures ranged from a child's footprint in the sand to a young woman dressed as a nun, the habit cut at the top to expose what one guest described as "Jesus's doorknockers".

Guests were invited to enter a blind draw to win a photo, which led to certain pictures being sought after more than others.

Backchat has been informed that various male brokers were later observed ferreting around the room, as our irreproachable source tells us, trying to swap images of "landscapes and fauna for pictures of ladies and front bottoms".

Still, it was all for a good cause. The event raised over £75,000, 80% of which will help build a hospice in Norfolk. The remaining 20% raised will go to Help the Hospices.