'Badge has changed but company has not," says Ageas chief Smith
Fortis Insurance UK has today begun the process of changing its name to Ageas in the UK insurance market.
This follows the approval of shareholders earlier in the year to adopt the new name reflecting the company’s status as a standalone global insurance group after the disposal of its banking assets in 2009.
The company said changes are now being implemented as part of a phased approach to take into account the needs of Ageas’s brokers, partners and suppliers.
All changes are expected to be complete by the end of the first quarter of 2011.
Ageas UK chief executive, Barry Smith, said: "We are delighted to be introducing the new Ageas brand into the UK insurance market.
"It is important to stress that whilst our name has changed, our strategy and ethos of working in partnership with our brokers and partners to deliver great outcomes for customers remains the same.
"The badge has changed but the company has not. I am confident that Ageas will quickly become an established brand within our market, reflecting our strong customer focus and our desire to work alongside and deliver to our clients."
- Fortis UK will become Ageas UK
- General insurance arm Fortis Insurance Limited will become Ageas Insurance Limited
- Wholly owned intermediary Fortis Insurance Solutions (formerly the OutRight Company) will become Ageas Insurance Solutions (UKAIS)
- The UK Protection business, Fortis Life will change to Ageas in January 2011
- RIAS and Kwik-Fit Insurance Services will retain their brand names.