Insurance Times will be on hand to bring you in-depth coverage of Biba 2012
Are you ready for Biba 2012? The industry’s annual gathering promises to be bigger and better than ever this year as it returns to its most popular venue, Manchester. And there will be plenty to discuss on the exhibition stands and in the bars and restaurants surrounding the G-Mex.
Aviva usually provides one of the grandest stalls, and will be the first port of call for many delegates this year as they seek to get the inside track on who will replace Andrew Moss as group chief executive. The UK team will be keen to reassure brokers that it’s business as usual over the several months the search will take. Brokers will also be beating a path to RSA’s door to meet group chief executive Simon Lee, who is diverging from his predecessor’s path by attending the conference in person. Finally, QBE will be high on the agenda following the Brit takeover.
There could be some ugly encounters in the aisles as the many broker bosses who have poached teams from one another in the past 12 months rub shoulders. For those slightly lower down the pecking order, it’s a great chance to get their names out in the field and – who knows – perhaps capitalise on some of those job opportunities themselves.
The team at Insurance Times will be on hand throughout the week, providing in-depth coverage as the conference unfolds – of both the official and the unofficial agenda! We’ve got some exciting initiatives, including our first ever ‘live’ news meeting, and the launch of Broker Mind, the search to find the best mind in broking. Make sure to visit us on the stand – I look forward to seeing you there.
What to expect on the Insurance Times stand
- Meet the Insurance Times team and pick up a copy of the latest issue
- We’ll be filming live interviews on the stand and streaming them straight to the web, so come and tell us about your Biba experience
- Watch our live news meeting on Wednesday morning, where we’ll be setting the news agenda for Biba 2012 and highlighting the key topics and issues. We’ll then report back throughout the day with the answers to the questions you’ve been asking.
- Senior industry figures will debate current market issues on our stand throughout the day. These include:
- 11.15am, Broker M&A in 2012;
- 1.45pm, Regulation - the add-ons debate;
- 3.45pm, Commercial market - when will rates harden?
- At 3pm on Wednesday test your insurance knowledge at our new quiz, Broker Mind.