NIG appoints new regional surveyors in risk control shake-up
NIG has restructured its risk control team and created five area surveyor roles to manage its UK risk control operations.
NIG said the new look team reinforces its decision to maintain the risk control function in-house.
The team will be closely aligned to NIG’s regional office structure.
The new area surveyor appointments include:
- Duncan Ranger, who joins NIG from HSBC Insurance Brokers. He has been appointed area surveyor for the South East and will be based in NIG’s Maidstone and London City offices.
- Martin Medlar was previously a senior surveyor with NIG has been appointed area surveyor for the North East. He will be based in NIG’s Leeds office.
- Robert Bertram has been appointed area surveyor for the Midlands and Northern Home Counties. He was previously a senior surveyor with NIG and will be based in NIG's Birmingham and Watford offices.
- Richard Champion was previously a senior surveyor with NIG and has now been appointed area surveyor for the South West. He will be based at NIG’s Bristol office.
- NIG is yet to confirm a new area surveyor for the North West and Scotland.
Dave Sherman, risk control manager at NIG said: “NIG is continuing to invest in its own internal Risk Control team. I’m delighted to welcome Duncan Ranger to NIG and promote some excellent Senior Surveyors to these important regional roles.
"Active risk management has a vital part to play in helping to reduce losses, and insurers can play a very positive role in this activity. The work carried by our Surveyors helps to ensure that our policyholders significantly reduce their risk, which is great news for them and for us.”