21-strong panel is a mixture of existing and new suppliers
Ageas has appointed a new 21-strong panel of household claims suppliers following a review of its suppliers.
The insurer chose the new panel from a selection of 110 proposals. The panel includes providers who already have an established relationship with Ageas as well as a number of new suppliers (see below for full list).
Ageas conducted a six-month evaluation process. The insurer said it picked firms that were able to prove that they had customers in mind, could work collaboratively with other suppliers and that demonstrated innovation or a niche ability.
Ageas claims director Rob Smale said: “The objective of our review was to challenge industry practice where customers have tolerated procurement led services focused on cost reduction and continue to differentiate our award-winning proposition by focusing on innovation and customer service.
“Customers often comment that they are driving the claim or communication between suppliers, effectively project managing their own claims. Our challenge therefore is to make claims involving suppliers as seamless and efficient as possible for customers.
“Looking forward, I’m confident that this panel will deliver continued exceptional service to our customers, which was the ultimate objective of this review.”
Jim Pittman, head Stream Claims Services UK, one of the new panellists, said: “We are excited to be working with such a highly regarded team at Ageas in delivering a ground breaking claims service.”
Ageas’s new household claims panel
· Building repair network and surveying services: PCUK; SSL
· Loss adjusters: Stream Claims Services UK; AED Adjusting; Lucas Claims Solutions
· Disaster restoration services: Polygon; Belfor; Richfords
· Contents replacement: SBS Insurance Services; Wheelies Direct
· Glazing services: Martindales
· Flooring services: Independent Inspections
· Jewellery replacement: Hallmark; Jai Ambe; Jewellery Replacement Company
· Underground services: ANSA
· Furniture, arts and antiques: Castelan; CRDN; Tadley Services
· Storage and alternative accommodation: Big Yellow; Countrywide