Editorial team members were shortlisted in four categories at Biba’s annual media and journalism awards
Insurance Times has cemented its position as a leading trade publication for insurance brokers after receiving a number of accolades at the Biba Journalist and Media Awards 2022 today (29 June 2022).
Editor Katie Scott won the Best Trade Award out of a shortlist of six journalists – the category was judged by Ageas chief executive Ant Middle. Scott was additionally shortlisted for the Best Thought Leadership Award.
Reporter Isobel Rafferty, meanwhile, received a highly commended prize in the Most Promising Newcomer category, which was judged by Ben Wilson, director of corporate affairs and sustainability at the ABI.
Technology editor Clare Ruel also featured in the event’s shortlist for the Best Investigative Journalism Award. This category was judged by Keith Stern, regional manager, UK and Ireland at Lloyd’s.
Speaking on the Insurance Times editorial team’s success at trade body Biba’s awards event, Scott said: “It’s a fabulous privilege to receive this industry recognition of all our hard work over the last year.
“I’m incredibly proud of the whole team and it’s great to see that our content is resonating with brokers, insurers and other insurance sector participants.
“We will continue to deliver high quality, informative, interesting and thought-provoking articles for our readership.”
Read Insurance Times’ award-winning content here:
- Regulation ‘bigger threat’ to brokers’ business than Covid-19
- Metaverse and NFT insurance – to be or not to be?
- Sam White: Unconscious bias barrier has led to a ‘skewer of male dominance’ in industry
- Insurance industry witnesses ‘large drop in appetite for terrorism cover’
- MP David Amess’ killing exposes gap in employers’ liability insurance
- Spoof ads rife for insurers and brokers despite Google crack down