New services enable property investors to calculate risk of flooding
Royal & SunAlliance (R&SA) has introduced a range of new services for its property investor customers, including an assessment of the risk of flooding in their potential investment areas.
The new services are to be offered by R&SA’s regional property investors trading teams and include a direct version of the geographical risk assessment tool, which can calculate the risk of flooding, arson, subsidence and crime down to individual property level.
The following services are also now available:
• Valuations and square footage services – the provision of insurance valuations for a price of £450 per property for three years. The survey involves an on-site visit in year one and desk top valuations in years two and three. Information of value by square footage can also be provided
• Overseas risks – R&SA now has the ability to underwrite overseas risks for UK based companies via regional property investor teams
• Energy performance certificates – in partnership with Charterhouse.
• Energy audits – helping customers to improve their energy performance rating and achieve maximum energy efficiency for their properties
• A broader insurance wording which gives automatic cover for new additions to an existing portfolio.
The regional property investor trading teams comprise experts in property insurance, engineering insurance and inspection, construction and energy performance management, and have been created to focus on specific geographical regions.
This structure has enabled the company to create better links with customers by providing them with direct access to key decision makers, as well as a network of experts in the property investors market.
Commenting on the new services, Julia Abrams, director of account management, property investors at R&SA, said, “Our new services are a direct result of broker and customer feedback.
"By listening to our customers, we have been able to develop our knowledge and gain a more detailed understanding of the industry and property investor’s needs, allowing us to deliver a better service.”
The regional property investor trading teams are based in Bristol, Croydon, Birmingham and Manchester. New operations will open in Belfast and Glasgow in the next few months.