Two Insurance Times journalists receive accolades at this year’s virtual event
Insurance Times journalists Katie Scott and Clare Ruel have been recognised at the annual Willis Towers Watson Media Awards, held virtually on Wednesday 14 July 2021.
The awards event, which is now in its 16th year, is designed to celebrate excellence in business journalism in the areas of reinsurance, insurance and risk, human resources and employee benefits, pensions and investments.
The awards programme consists of seven topic-specific journalism categories and four publication of the year titles. The entries are judged by industry experts, including Willis Towers Watson staff, as well as leading industry journalists.
This year, Insurance Times senior reporter Clare Ruel won the (Re)Insurance and Risk Profile Interview of the Year category.
In addition, Katie Scott, editor of Insurance Times, received a highly commended award in the (Re)Insurance and Risk Features Journalist of the Year category.
Nicolas Aubert, head of Great Britain at Willis Towers Watson, said: “Our judging panels were highly impressed with the outstanding quality of this year’s media awards submissions.
“The overriding theme this year was, of course, the global pandemic and its impact on all industries, so clear insights and originality were premium qualities that were rewarded by the judges.
“Congratulations to all of our winners, highly commended journalists and publications of the year for providing excellent analysis and debate in today’s challenging environment.”
- Coronavirus: Rejected BI claims divide the industry while threatening to eliminate UK SMEs
- UK Motor Focus: Automated lane keeping tech could cause insurers’ claims costs to spiral
- MGA capacity crunch concerns brokers
- Oke Eleazu Bought by Many’s COO on improving racial diversity in insurance
- Lockdown is technology’s ‘moment to shine’ says Insurercore’s founder and MD Peter Clarke
- Aon’s Dominic Christian on bringing diversity to the insurance industry