Team includes hires from Zurich, Barbon, Willis Networks and Prestige Underwriting
Pen Underwriting has appointed a six-strong team of business development managers to support independent brokers in the regions.
The team, which comprises five external hires and one internal appointment, is designed to help the Gallagher-owned underwriting agency deliver on its promise of being easy to do business with.
The team is:-
- Chris Dark, senior business development manager, London
Dark joins from Zurich, where he was an account executive serving brokers in the South East
- Derek McCormick, senior business development manager, Midlands, including North Wales
McCormick, currently Barbon’s group underwriting director, will join Pen on 1 September
- Suzanne Meare, senior business development manager, volume and eMGA division
Meare joins from Prestige Underwriting, where she was corporate propositions manager.
- Mark Briggs, business development manager, East Anglia and Essex
Briggs also joins from Prestige, where he was business development manager.
- Damian Frampton, business development manager, South West, including South Wales
Frampton, currently a business partner with Willis Commercial Network, will join Pen on 1 September
- Bryony Glover, business development manager, South
Glover has been with Pen since its formation, and previously held business development and account management roles at Towergate, Keelan Westall and Perkins Slade.
Pen Underwriting sales director Simon Taylor said: “We’re here to help brokers win and retain business and these guys have all built their careers on delivering just that.
“They’ll also be backed by a centralised account management team, providing full agency support, to supplement our dedicated regional focus.”
Pen managing director Mark Armitage added: “Making ourselves easy to do business with is something we take seriously at Pen Underwriting — launching the single brand last August to unify our specialist underwriting businesses was the very first step, built on by the practical roll-out of a single terms of business agreement.”