Self-employed and small business targeted with wider cover
Fortis has extended its self-employed liability cover Semploy, increasing the number of trades covered from 89 to 500 and adding optional extra cover for contractors all risks, legal expenses and personal accident.
Semploy Extra will be available for new and existing clients from 31 May.
Other features include:
- No Claims Discount of 25% now available for customers claim free continuously for 5 or more years.
- Up to 7 multiple trades can be accommodated under a single policy through most software houses and the Fortis website.
- Increase from 6 to 10 manual/non-manual workers at inception.
- Tools and Stock in Transit definitions have been widened and the Single Item Limit has been increased from £750 to £1,000.
- Heat work can be covered, for most trades, up to a limit of indemnity of £5,000,000.
- Treatment risk can be covered, for certain trades, up to a limit of indemnity of £5,000,000.
- A new optional cover for Injury to Working Partners/Proprietors is available.
- Businesses located in Northern Ireland can now be accepted too.
Adam Clarke, underwriting director, Fortis said: “We are making significant strides in the development of our commercial lines products and services and Semploy Extra is an exciting improvement to our existing portfolio.
“It provides brokers with the ability to cater for more needs within just one product, with additional trades and optional covers enabling customers to tailor the level of insurance cover that is right for them. Business can be placed immediately if a quote is accepted, with policy documents available to download instantly.
“This saves time and cuts down on paper work - freeing brokers up to spend more time trading.”